LUXURIOUS SEARCHES

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"Tell me what kind of food you eat, and I will tell you what kind of man you are."

My love for Gastronomy and Brillat-Savarin go hand in hand; and it is because of that I wish to start my inspirations for luxury with some of his words.


"The pleasure of the table belongs to all ages, to all conditions, to all countries, and to all areas; it mingles with all other pleasures, and remains at last to console us for their departure."


"The universe would be nothing were it not for life and all that lives must be fed.
"


Often times it is the simplest moments we hold dearest to us, and yet just as often we do not give proper recognition of our gratitude to these instances.

Imagine when you were a child and how your eyes delighted and the slightest little item- it may have even enticed such a curiosity that it has lead you to where you are now.

Chances are something has come to mind that once attracted you, made you smile, made you want to discover more and become more than you already are. However small it might be, all the better so long as you are aware of it and grateful for it.

More words of Brillat-Savarin to come, in the meantime I will leave you with these delightful words of a very brilliant man.


"A dessert without cheese is like a beautiful woman who has lost an eye."



Could not have said it better myself, bravo Brillat-Savarin, bravo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah- here is a great one I cannot believe I missed!

"A hard drinker, being at the table, was offered grapes for dessert. 'Thank you,' said he, pushing the dish away from him, 'but I am not in the habit of taking my wine in pills.'"

So love it and dying to use the line myself. Too great.