LUXURIOUS SEARCHES

Thursday, October 30, 2008

"I'm a very restless person. I'm always doing something. The creative process never stops. "


"
I wanted this, I wanted to do this, but my work is me, and it has to be right. "

"
If you want to establish an international presence you can't do so from New York. You need the consecration of Paris. "

Oscar De La Renta creates beautiful and classic designs that amaze and inspire all. Originally from the Dominican Republic, he moved to Spain at age 18 and soon after acquired an apprenticeship with Spain's most renowned couturier, Cristóbal Balenciaga (another fashion name icon of admiration). Oscar De La Renta's name alone speaks of style and class; I leave you here with some of his words.

"Gardening is how I relax. It's another form of creating and playing with colors. "

"
Now is the most exciting time in fashion. Women are controlling their destiny now, the consumer is more knowledgeable, and I have to be better every single day. "

"
We're dealing with sophisticated customers. What's most important to these women is individuality. I have to create things she'll want to wear, no matter who she is. "




"
I like light, color, luminosity. I like things full of color and vibrant. "

No comments: