LUXURIOUS SEARCHES

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

“Personality begins where comparison ends.”

"But if I have a lot of imagination, I could tell myself whatever I wanted, you know. I handle myself quite well. I'm kind of fascist with myself, you know. There's no discussion. There is an order. You follow it. "

I always find it interesting to hear what a designer has to say in words since they say so much in their designs. Karl Lagerfeld is no exception; and I will leave you here with some words from the man himself.


"I like today and perhaps a little future still, but the past is really something I'm not interested in. So, as far as I'm concerned, I like only the past of things and people I don't know. When I know, I don't care because I knew how it was. "

"
I wanted to become a cartoon artist, a portrait artist, and an illustrator. This was my first idea."

"
I'm not a marketing person. I don't ask myself questions. I go by instinct. "

"
No, I'm not a French designer either. I'm from nowhere. I'm a European, old European is all I am. "

"
Yes, and I can sit down on a white piece of paper and work because I don't believe too much into inspiration, only I'm waiting for inspiration, work and then inspiration may come. It's a little too easy to say that. "

"
This is what I think is modern. It's like wearing a couture jacket with a pair of jeans."

No comments: